Friday, April 17, 2020

Hibernation Inspiration #4

Come into the garden and explore!


I've been watching various things come into bud outside, in our garden and other people's across the way. There are plenty of daffodils and dandelions!

Now and then I venture into the back garden to feel the sunshine and see what is sprouting. I love the earthy smell of the soil and the sweetness of grass. These photographs are from my travels, alas my own garden is not so amazing, but I thought they were immensely cheery!


Perhaps it's time to write about the fairies and other mythical creatures who may be living beneath or inside the plants and flowers of our gardens or wild spaces? Let's take a trip to fantasyland this week, shall we?


'Soft green buds sprout on small trees and shrubs,
Bringing plants back to life.
Through the ground peep shoots, so slender,
Straining bravely against the wind.
You are embraced by the quiet solace of a warm, spring day.'

No comments:

Post a Comment