Monday, July 7, 2014

I've been a little busy recently, so my blog has been a rather serene forest. I do bring good news though, so I hope you will forgive the lull. The first book in my 'Wolf Spear Saga' series required a final edit, which has not long been completed. Then, as some of you may have seen, I commissioned Lightweaver Productions to create a book trailer to promote 'Wulfsuna'. If you haven't seen it, you can view it here. Publication is a short way away, which is very exciting though also adds to the nerves! Hopefully I will have an update by the end of summer 2014 for you.


'Wulfsuna' is my debut novel and along with the excitement comes new, unexplored areas of the publishing industry. I'm very happy to be sharing my publishing journey with SilverWood Books. They have given me the warmest of welcomes, as well as sound advice, and I'm looking forward to seeing 'Wulfsuna' go from written words to printed novel. There are many wonderful titles in their online shop (well worth a visit if you love books) and I have already had the pleasure of meeting a few fellow SilverWood authors at the Chalke Valley History Festival. The SilverWood motto is: beautiful books to give, to read, to treasure and I'm more than happy to agree with them.

For promotional purposes I had to have an author photo. Whilst I'm not averse to having my picture taken, the thought of a professional photo seemed a bit daunting. Never one to shirk a challenge, I headed down to the Custard Factory to have some pictures taken. If you've never been, it's worth a visit; it's a veritable contemporary oasis hidden away beneath railway arches and an imposing brick chimney from the old Bird's Custard Factory. There are boutique clothes shops, art galleries, multi-media centres and an abundance of public art installations. Happily, I didn't crack the lens and the photographer, the charming A J Pilkington put me at ease.

Relax! Oh, and smile please.

Lastly, if you want to hear me read a snippet of 'Wulfsuna' and learn more about the book, come along to Letocetum Roman Museum this coming Sunday 13th July 2014 between 10am - 4pm. I'll be in one of several tents supporting their Open Day. There'll be fun for all ages and I heartily recommend the WI cakes in the village hall! Thanks for stopping by and sharing another small step on my writing road.

2 comments:

  1. Good post Elaine - and good luck with your launch! Antoine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks Antoine. Should have an update over the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete